Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Dec 1, 2006

Crossing My Fingers

So far, so good. No-one has vomited or developed the runs. Elli did come down with a new cold, so she had to stay home from school yet another day. Between Thanksgiving break and being sick, she'll been to school 3 days in the last 2 weeks.

I got to go in to work this afternoon for a few hours. It was one of the first days in awhile that I've really looked forward to going in. It's been a long week and I enjoyed being the expert on family-centered care, not the jungle-gym tissue-wielding vomit-cleaning housemaid chef entertainment coordinator for a few hours.

It was also great to return home to cheers of "Mommy!" and ketchupy hugs.

I learned that my boss, who has been at the hospital for 18 years, is resigning in 7 weeks. Her husband is a doctor and took a position in Texas. Four years ago. They've been in a "commuter marriage" for 4 years. I just can't even imagine how that works. While I'll miss her knowledge of the hospital and everyone there, it's long past time she moved back with her husband. I hate being apart from Scott for a few days! They see each once a month or so! It boggles my mind.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails