Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Dec 5, 2006

Losing My Mind

This morning Elli had some crud in her eyes that I needed to clean off. Our pediatrican has told me that Johnson & Johnson's baby wash works best for getting that off, so I grabbed a washcloth and headed to the bathroom to grab the baby wash. It wasn't there. I had left it on the counter yesterday after cleaning her eyes up, and it wasn't there.

My husband had done a lot of cleaning and picking up last night while I was at a ladies' Christmas party for church. So I started looking where he might have put it "away." Nowhere in the kids' bathroom. Nowhere in ours. Not in the drawer where I found it originally. But in that drawer I found a really tiny sample size. So I grabbed that and, shaking my head at this mysterious disappearance, headed out to wash her face.

I sat down on the couch next to her, and looked down at my hands. There, in my hands, was a washcloth, the tiny bottle of soap, and the original bottle of soap I had been searching for. I still have no idea when or how it got into my hands.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails