
Our youngest is now a year old. We celebrated her birthday this Saturday (yes, the same day we attended the CP conference - it was a very full day).
She had a blast, even though she really didn't know what all the fuss was about. The cake was a big hit (notice that Mamaw made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting so it would really stand out in the photos!), especially since I'm really stingy about giving refined sugar to the kids. Not only was the cake really yummy and new, but it had a great texture to play with too!

We had a great time with both sets of grandparents, three aunts, and a cousin, plus the pastor of our church and his wife. All the kids love having company over, especially their relatives. They all had a tough time coming down off the high yesterday.
Today, the kids really enjoyed playing with the new toys. I was hard pressed to keep big brother from taking over all the fun new toys. The whole concept of yours, mine, and ours is difficult, let alone the concept of sharing and being more concerned about other people than yourself! But these situations give plenty of teaching and practice opportunities.
We are expecting a big winter storm tonight, in honor of the first day of spring. The kids are really hoping for snow since they got a sled for Christmas and have only been able to use it twice. I'm torn - I'd like to take them out to sled, but I don't want them to call off school. It's rather boring here in the afternoons, as the youngest two take naps and I try to get stuff done around the house or rest myself. So Elli is bound to be bored if we have a snow day. I'm sure I'll figure something out - Mommy always seems to be able to rise to the occasion. But in preparation, perhaps I should go to bed early?