-----
It seems that many children, not just ones with special needs, have trouble with getting their food onto their spoons or forks! I've heard from a few moms now who would love to get ahold of these dishes for their kiddos. Here are the links to the Scoop Bowl and Scoop Plate. They aren't extremely expensive, which is really nice.
The Special Kids Zone website has all sorts of helpful products. I found these dishes under Daily Living > Feeding. You can also find many kinds of spoons, including ones with curved and/or thicker handles.
I am intrigued by these dishes that keep food warm. I haven't ordered any, but I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure how well they would work for Elli, or if she really needs or wants her food kept warm like that. But it's such a cool idea!-----
When I had all three kids at Children's for Elli's wheelchair evaluation, Sam was very interested in all the other equipment laying around. We were in one of the Durable Medical Equipment guy's office, which also housed their demo models of many wheelchairs and standers. While we were finishing up, he began working on another chair for a young man. Sam liked it because it had a blue frame. After watching for a few mninutes, he turned to me and said, "Mommy, I think that one is for me."
I told him it was actually for another little boy, so he started looking around. He found a stander that has large wheelchair wheels so the child can propel him/herself around while standing, and told me he thought that would be good for him too.
I think it's awesome that he's so unintimidated by all the equipment. He thinks it's cool and actually climbs into Elli's chair, stander, and walker occasionally!
-----
I stayed up until 3am this morning! I haven't been up that late in a year. (I've been up at 3am plenty, but haven't been up until then.) Our church had a women's overnighter last night, which was a lot of fun. Last year, I was 8 months pregnant and coming down with what ended up being a horrible sinus infection. So I went to bed at 10pm and missed all the fun! This year I felt great and got to participate in all the games, conversation, and movie-watching. I even knit a few rounds on my sock. It was great to get up and have a nice peaceful breakfast with other women and actually sit down to eat it while it was still warm.
-----
My husband has caught the blogging bug! Check out his blog, Moving Bus Meditations.