Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Nov 1, 2006

They Lucked Out

That shot that Sam missed a few days ago? It has been on backorder for 2 months. No-one is in a big rush for him (or Elli, who also didn't get hers) to get it, so they both luck out.

The doctor's appointment went rather well, actually. I have to make a separate appointment to get flu shots for Sam and Anna, so the only one who got one was Elli. She barely even flinches -- what's a poke in the leg when you get your veins stuck every few weeks? Her pneumonia is clearing up, though she still has some crackles in her lungs.

So I get to postpone the multiple-kids-getting-shots-in-one-visit thing for another time. I think I can distract Anna long enough for Sam to get his and settle down, especially if I get one first and show him how brave you can be (this is where my mom and sisters fall onto the floor in hysterial laughing. but I'm serious -- I've become quite a good shot-getter since I became a mom!).

I am starting antibiotics tonight. My throat isn't getting any better, and the swelling is spreading. It's weird because it doesn't hurt like strep does, or like a cold does. I have some aching in my sinuses and ear, but not really in the throat itself. So I guess I should stop messing around and deal with it head-on.

Scott is away at an expositors' workshop unti Friday afternoon. This means I'm very unmotivated to do anything. Including go to bed (even though I'm wiped out from doing the parent thing through the evening).

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails