Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Aug 15, 2006

Visit to the Zoo

Today was a less-humid day than we've had in awhile, so my daughter's aide Julie and I agreed it would be a good day to go to the zoo. I'm not sure Elli thought it was a great idea, but the younger two had a great time. I think Elli gets really hot in the sun because her wheelchair is black. Despite light-colored clothing and a hat, she was ready to go home an hour before the rest of us were. It didn't help that most of the exhibits have rather high walls that blocked her view.

We visited some different exhibits this time -- we saw the monkeys/apes/lemurs/etc, which are off the beaten track somewhat. We also cut through the middle of the zoo to see the zebras and the wild dogs. The kids insist on certain animals every time though -- we had to visit the manatees for Elli and Anna, and the elephants for Sam. We packed a lunch and rode the train and all in all had a really good visit.

Sam stalks the peacocks and peacock babies that stalked us all through lunch.

I call this "Little Girl in Watermelon."

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails