Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Aug 11, 2006

Now That's An Offer

We got another offer on our house today! This time, the buyers have their heads screwed on and negotiations are going well. I think we'll have this settled tonight. At the moment, our move-out-by date will be September 26, our eighth anniversary. (Of course, since that is a Tuesday, we'll move the weekend before. That way all I have to do is any final cleaning, etc.)

It's been a little surreal, wheeling and dealing on this home sale. We're visiting my in-laws this weekend to take the kids to their county fair. We got the first call while having a picnic lunch, and the second call came in while we were watching a marching band play at the end of the midway!

Now we just need to find the right next house. That's a little unsettling for us at the moment. We are not sure how much we'll need for the next leg of this home selling/buying journey because we don't know yet which house we're going to buy. The uncertainty and the unknowns are a bit unsettling, but we chose to go this way because we knew it would be WAY more uncomfortable to have two house payments.

That house I posted the other day isn't quite as perfect as I first thought. It only has one bedroom on the ground floor, and that's supposed to be the master bedroom. It still may work -- we'll see for sure on Sunday.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails