
...and so does Sam's birthday. I've officially got one month to finish his quilt. I'm pretty optimistic though -- I have the last three sets of blocks pinned and ready for the sewing machine tonight! You can see 12 sets of blocks -- two large squares, two rectangles, and four small squares in each pattern. The top row are the blocks I still need to sew, then I press everything. I still haven't decided on a layout -- whatever I do needs to be quick and organize easily so I only have to think about it once and then go on auto-pilot.
In other news, we've still got that stomach bug. No-one is vomiting (so far), but Anna has really bad diarrhea and the poor girl has such sensitive skin that her little bottom is really sore right now. My lower digestive track isn't the happiest it's ever been either. So far, Elli is showing no signs of illness, but who knows. That could show up any moment.
I've kept really busy with home-buying tasks and with keeping the kids busy during these last unstructured weeks before school. We've had lots of playdates, discovered new parks, fed the ducks, gone to the pool, and taken walks. The kids are really enjoying themselves and I'm trying to soak up the outside time as much as possible before it turns cold.
Our current home was inspected last week, and nothing major emerged. So that's a big relief -- barring loan problems for the buyers, this house should be good to close in 3 weeks. We're about half-way through the list of things they gave us, and it's only been a few days.
We're having the home we're buying inspected on Thursday. We are seriously thinking about having an HVAC guy come look at the furnace and AC unit too -- the furnace is 25 years old and the AC is 17 years old. We want to make sure they are functional before we buy the house. Of course, the way the sellers are behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to repair or replace those units if they flunk inspection. They are the most unmotivated sellers ever. I happened to get on the MLS last week and noticed that despite the house being under contract, they still scheduled an open house for Sunday! What's that about?