Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Jul 19, 2006

The Heat Is On

In our house, anyway. This afternoon I discovered that our air conditioner was blowing warm air into our house. I have to admit that I'm feeling really cranky right now, as sweat seaps from every pore and with crying, sweaty children in the background. We went out to eat and then spent the evening at church, which was a welcome respite from the humidity. Now that we've been home a full hour, everyone's pretty much soaked with sweat and unhappy. So much for getting lots more done on the cabinets!

I did get two more finished and hung this afternoon, plus I sorted through the master bathroom and threw out a ton of stuff. I have one more cabinet to finish and I'll be officially half-way done. The kitchen is L-shaped, and I'll have one side of the L done. It's tough being the only one working on it, but until Scott preaches on Sunday, every evening he sits on the couch surrounded by books, nose buried in the laptop.

I just want to know why massive expensive appliances always break during extremes in weather and just before a major deadline. How are we going to put the house up for sale if the AC isn't fixed? I think we're going to have to postpone until next week.

Bother -- the kids are still wailing and Scott is trying to prepare for a sermon he's preaching Sunday. An ice-cold shower is sounding better and better. I'm glad we're spending half the day at Children's tomorrow.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails