Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

May 2, 2006

Milestones, Mulch, and Big Moments

Walking Independently!


Check her out! This afternoon, as I was working on the computer, I suddenly realized it was very quite. Too quite. I immediately set out to find Anna, afraid I'd find her eating cat food or worse.

I came around the corner into the kitchen and found her walking towards me... without her push toy! She had that little pink puppy in one hand and was taking little shuffly steps, but she walked all the way across the kitchen to me, and then made a grand tour of the house, solo.

I'm thrilled. She has been getting awfully heavy to carry.

The downside? No more smacking hands on the floor providing constant echo-location.

Mmmmm.... Mulch!


Nice goatee, Anna! She continues on her mission to taste-test all the potting soil, dirt, and mulch around the house.










My Big Moment


This photo was taken by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at the book fair and speaking engagement we attended in Lexington. That's me, Brooke, and Kimmey right in the front row! Congrats to Brooke, by the way, on her mention in this entry on Stephanie's blog (you'll find her about 3/4 the way down).

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails