Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Apr 12, 2006

Mr. Rogers on Crocheted "Covers"

All three of my children rose quite early this morning. My oldest woke me up at 5:20am. The other two were up by 6:30am. (Rather than go back to bed, like I really wanted to, I realized that, once I knew everything was fine with the oldest, I was wide awake. So I actually did a pilates video. No strain to the knees or ankles, but my oh my. It's tough!)

Since they were up early enough, I let all three kids watch Mr. Rogers at 7am.

Imagine my shock when we arrived in the Neighborhood of Make Believe and discovered everyone making "covers." Trolley had a quilted cover that made it look like a race car. Queen Sara and Niece Aberlin were crocheting a balcony cover. Cornflake S. Pecially was making a rocking-chair cover.

The episode was about creativity and making things. It was very cute and the kids loved it.

But I couldn't help but giggle at the subtle dig, noticeable only to adults sensitive to such things, at crochet-ers who make covers for everything from tissue boxes to toasters.

Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails