Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Oct 18, 2006

I Complain Too Much

At least online. For awhile I've been thinking that I only write on here when I have something to grump about.

So today, despite not sleeping well last night (I took a long nap yesterday, but it was too long so I couldn't sleep last night!) and dealing with a really cranky Anna all morning (Elli has been coughing a lot at night, which means Anna doesn't sleep that well), I'm going to talk about things that make me smile.

I got my November Martha Stewart Living magazine yesterday! I'm so excited because it's chock full of yummy-looking recipes for Thanksgiving, and I'm having Thanksgiving at my house this year! I'm pored over every recipe last night and am having great fun thinking about the menu for dinner. I want to try a bunch of new things and I'm so excited to cook for a crowd.

I let the kids play on the playground outside Sam's preschool today, even though the mulch was still quite soggy. They had a lot of fun playing with friends, and Anna's mood made a U-turn when we headed over there (she had been screaming all the way to the school, just minutes before). I got to talk to a couple moms for awhile. I haven't really met many moms at his school yet, so it was really good to chat. I learned that the pre-K teacher at the school doesn't have the same bubbly warm personality that the preschool teachers there do. I've been thinking about doing pre-K with Sam next year instead of pushing him into kindergarten, but it sounds like maybe I should start looking for other pre-K programs. They said she's a fine teacher, but just seems a bit cold for that age children.

I vacuumed most of the house. Now vacuuming itself doesn't make me smile, but the way the carpet looks does. This is the first place in 7 years that I've had real carpet, the kind that shows the vacuum tracks. It just looks so pretty and clean when it's freshly swept!

My laundry is actually caught up. I did a load this morning, so Sam could wear his new racecar sweater for his school picture, so the only dirty clothes in the house are the girls' pajamas! I LOVE that caught-up feeling.

And now I'm going to take a nap. With my alarm set so I don't sleep too long!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails