Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Oct 1, 2006

Happy Birthdays

Party Number One.
Sam got to be the birthday boy at preschool on his actual birthday. Since they outlawed cupcakes at the school (must be too messy), we brought cookies with M&Ms.


Party Number Two.
We invited a few friends over this last Saturday afternoon (I knew I needed two weeks to get unpacked before having a big party in the new house). Since Sam wanted a "Cars" (Disney movie -- highly recommend it) party, we got some little wooden cars, trucks, and motorcycles for the kids to paint. We had beautiful weather so I was able to do all of this outside for easy cleanup.


I was amazed at how many kids ate only the frosting off their cupcakes. I found them at Kroger -- they had rings in the center with either Lightning McQueen or Mater on them!


Party Number Three.
We had all the relatives and close friends come over Saturday evening for dinner. Mamaw made Sam's birthday cake, and as usual, it was a roaring success. Mater has this "rip key" that makes him go.


Even though the quilt isn't done, I still showed it to Sam at the party. He wasn't that thrilled with it at the moment (too many other exciting things to play with), but when we put him to bed, he had fun looking at all the blocks.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails