We close on the house we're selling on Tuesday, and on the house we're buying on Wednesday. We have to repair some concrete and remove some enormous bird nests from the gables before Tuesday.
We move on Saturday (9 days from today). I have many boxes packed, but many many more to do. It's hard to pack much ahead with so many of us living here.
Sam's birthday is 2 weeks away. I found out last night at orientation that I get to bring snacks each day to preschool that week and volunteer in his class on his birthday. That will be fun, but it could have occurred at a better time.
Sam's party, both with his friends and with our family (and adopted-as-family friends) is 3 weeks from tomorrow. I really hope the weather is good -- I want to have water balloons and keep the party exclusively outside. Easier clean-up -- just hose everyone off!
I started machine-quilting Sam's quilt last night. Even with a machine, it's still time-consuming. I didn't even get 1/8 of it done. Perhaps next week when he's at school? No, I'll be packing.
Elli started school two days ago and I still need to meet with her aides to give them Dynavox training and with the food service director to develop a comprehensive meal plan.
I also need to get Elli into power chair training and we start back into aquatic therapy on Wednesday. The good news here is that aquatics is every other week, and power chair will be for 4-6 weeks until she's ready to practice for awhile at school.
On the work front, I have a Family Advisory Council meeting to run on Monday, the 18th, and I have to prepare for a presentation at the obscenely-early hour of 7am on Friday, October 8th. We also need to prepare and submit an abstract for a paper to present at a conference next summer by October 27.
At church, I have a new music schedule due at the end of the month. And choir begins next week.
Funny -- I thought writing this all out would make me feel better.
It isn't working.
I'm going to bed.