Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Nov 26, 2007

Turkey Day

My sister-in-law made these turkey placecards for our big Thanksgiving feast this year. My mother-in-law got the idea from Martha Stewart. They turned out really cute.

Little Girl (no, she didn't get a turkey eye...
but she sure enjoyed her desserts!)


Elli ate more during this holiday week
than she normally eats in 2 weeks at home!

Little Boy loved being at the table with all of us.
He's a very social kid.


Big Boy decided Mamaw's chicken'n'noodles
was the best food of the whole day.


Allison thoroughly enjoyed having her cousins over to play.

We had a great visit with Scott's side of the family this weekend. Scott and I even got out by ourselves for an evening concert. I can't say that I'm more rested because Luke is eating like a horse. But it was great to have more adults than kids for 4 1/2 days! I managed to squeeze in one nap, and part of another (don't ask).

I also worked on some Christmas stockings. I made Elli and Big Boy each a stocking a few years ago, but I'm two behind now. The kids are old enough to notice, plus I only have one backup stocking (a pink "baby's first Christmas" stocking -- Big Boy won't let me get away with using that one for Little Boy!). No, I'm not knitting them. They are sewn stockings that look like jester's slippers. Photos coming when I finish them!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails