My busy week is almost done. We bade farewell to my boss at work yesterday, the gift I made really touched her (she says it's the first thing she'll hang up when she gets to her new home), and I told her and my new (interim for now -- hopefully permanent) boss that I'm expecting and won't be able to present at the conference this summer (which just accepted my abstract two days ago, but oh well -- maybe next year).
Oh. I guess I haven't posted this news yet! I was waiting until I told my supervisors at work, and until I reached 12 weeks.
I am expecting another baby! We'll be welcoming child number four into our home in late July or early August. I'll be 12 weeks along this weekend, and am really hoping my energy comes back soon. And my immune system -- I have a new cold that really took it out of me this week.
So why did I title this post romantic weekend getaway? because that's where we're going this afternoon! My parents gave us a gift certificate for a bed & breakfast about 1 hour's drive from their house, which we're using this weekend. We'll drop the kids off with them, grab dinner and visit awhile, then head out for 2 nights all by ourselves. We are SO looking forward to getting a break from the frantic pace of life and having some uninterrupted time together. Uninterrupted meals. Uninterrupted sleep (except getting up to go the bathroom... and maybe take more Robitussin if this cough persists). Uninterrupted knitting and reading and just plain vegging. Can you tell I'm excited?!