Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Mar 31, 2008

Lunch Menu Rut

I need some ideas for healthy, easy, but still reasonably-priced lunches for kids. That isn't asking much, right? :)

I'm stuck in a rut, bored, uninspired by what I have in the house... We've been eating peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and jelly, salami and cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches; and sometimes boxed macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, or taquitos. I don't prefer to serve ready-made foods that you simply reheat; although they sure are convenient, they don't seem as healthy.

For myself, I usually try to eat leftovers from dinner the night before, but with more mouths and growing appetites, this is happening less frequently. I also like to avoid actually cooking things for lunch, though I don't mind microwaving things or boiling eggs ahead for egg salad sandwiches.

What do you do for lunch at your house?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails