Thank you for visiting

IMPORTANT NOTE: I redesigned and relaunched Joy In This Journey at www.joyinthisjourney.com after our daughter Elli died. You will find posts from October 2008 to the present there. Please come over and read the new journey there.

Feb 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

The good news is that the sun is out. The bad news is that we got half an inch of ice, sandwiched between 2 inches of snow, and the temperatures won't get above freezing until Saturday at the earliest. We've got high winds and trees overloaded with ice, so lots of people have lost or will lose power.

The good news: Scott got home from work safely last night in less than an hour because most people stayed home. Our garage door got fixed in time for me to take Elli to see a new neurologist near where we live. The bad news:
the younger two kids were worse than they've ever been, rendering it almost impossible to have a conversation with the doctor (who, to her extremely great credit, seemed unphased by the screaming, crying, and snot flowing throughout the whole visit).

So what's a girl to do when her kids are stuck in the house another day, the weather is too crummy to go outside, and everyone's got cabin fever?


<-- This would be my first choice.

Seed catalogs bearing the promise of warmer, greener times.

Knitting.

A comfy recliner.








In reality, I think I'm going to brave baking with the three kids this morning. We haven't done that in awhile, so it will be a novelty to them and will occupy most of the morning. I'm not sure what ingredients I have for cookies yet, but they won't care as long as we are measuring and mixing.

So the seed catalogs and knitting will have to wait. Til nap time, unless I need a nap myself after the baking and clean-up (highly likely), and probably until tonight.

Hope you have a warm and cozy Valentine's Day with your loved ones today!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails