
These cheery faces greeted me this morning when I went out to explain to Elli's bus driver why she wasn't going to school today. I just had to take a picture because it was so nice to breathe fresh air and see a flower today.
On my way back inside, I grabbed the mail. Hurray! A birthday card from my in-laws with a check! I'm going shopping! I already know I want to get some yarn to make myself a pair of socks. And I think I'm going to use the rest on my garden -- special seeds or bulbs that you can only get through catalogs or plants and soil for my outdoor pots.
I can't wait to go yarn shopping, but that probably won't happen until next week. I guess I'll just have to satisfy this money burning a hole in my pocket with the 5 seed catalogs I have dog-eared and marked up.
Elli spiked a fever mid-morning. So I gave her some sips of water in lieu of lunch, and attempted to give her some ibuprofen for her fever. That put her over the edge. She threw up and then promptly fell asleep. Poor girl is cashed out on our couch with fever-red cheeks and pale skin. She didn't even wake up when I lifted her up to change the sheet under her for a clean one. Guess I better wait awhile before I try the ibuprofen again, even though she's burning up.
Which Bennett will fall next?